The Salt Grotto
The Far Infrared sauna has the ability to systematically eliminate internal chemicals and heavy metal toxins, including mercury. This will lower the total toxic environment load that suppresses biological function, longevity, and, ultimately, human potential”
- Dr. Jake Johnston, MD
Detoxification • Relaxation • Lower Blood Pressure • Pain Relief • Anti-Aging • Skin Purification • Weight Loss • Improved Circulation • Fibromyalgia
Our bodies have become virtual dumping grounds for hundreds of thousands of toxic compounds that invade our air, water and even the soil in which our food grows. Today more than 77,000 chemicals are in active production in this country, and more than 3,000 chemicals are in our food supply. The EPA estimates that our bodies cannot metabolize over 20,000 of these chemicals. So what happens to them? These toxic substances are stored in fat cells throughout our bodies where they continue to accumulate. In fact, studies indicate that most of us have between 400 and 800 chemical residues stored in the fat cells of our bodies. Together, these chemicals and heavy metals create a situation of chronic toxic overload. As these toxins build up, they can cause enzyme dysfunction and nutritional deficiencies, create hormonal imbalances, and can lead to other debilitating chronic illnesses.
Far Infrared is a section of the natural band of light that is not visible to the human eye, but can be felt as heat. Unlike the high heat produced in traditional steam saunas, Far infrared heat is able to penetrate the body to a depth of 1.5 to 2 inches. This stimulates the body’s cellular detoxification process more effectively than a traditional sauna. The body, incapable of metabolizing and excreting all toxins it is exposed to, often times stores toxins in fat to protect the body (called lipophillic toxins).
Our body’s tissues normally produce infrared energy, which is used by the body for a number of healing processes. By delivering penetrating warmth to the body, the far infrared sauna increases the body’s own infrared energy levels, encouraging a light rise in body temperature that boosts natural detoxification systems.
The sauna duplicates these healthy infrared frequencies. The tissues selectively absorb these rays as the water in the cell reacts in a process called “resonant absorption.” This resonant absorption occurs when the frequency of the infrared matches the frequency of the water in the cell causing toxins to be dropped off into the blood stream and excreted in sweat, feces and urine.
Far Infrared technology has been used for more than thirty years to treat more than twenty million patients. The original use was for pain because infrared promotes microcirculation, which provides more oxygen to the healing site while reducing acidic deposits. Although effective for pain, our primary use is for detoxification of heavy metals (including mercury) and chemicals.
Enhanced Immune Health: Each far infrared sauna session causes a brief, beneficial increase in body temperature, which improves immune health by boosting production of infection-fighting white blood cells and killer T-cells.
Stress Relief: High daily stress levels put constant strain on the body’s nervous system and can contribute to chronic disease. The far infrared sauna helps to reduce physical stress by boosting circulation and triggering the production of endorphins, the “feel good” hormones.
Weight and Cellulite Control: Toxins can play a significant role in preventing us from losing weight as well as gaining weight. Those wishing to lose weight should note that the cardiovascular effect from a single sauna burns as many as 600 calories. The far infrared sauna is also quite effective at dealing with cellulite when combined with massage therapy and nutrition.
Improved Cardiovascular Conditioning: Medical research shows that regular use of an infrared sauna may be as effective for cardiovascular conditioning as exercise. As the body heats up, it cools itself by sending the blood from the internal organs to the extremities and the skin, thus increasing heart rate, cardiac output and metabolic rate.
More than 1,000 doctors and health professionals have used a far infrared sauna for:
• combating toxic overload • heavy metal poisoning • pain relief • multiple chemical sensitivities • stimulating the immune system • stress management • fibromyalgia • chronic fatigue • rheumatoid arthritis • anxiety and depression • weight control and cellulite removal • achieving good health • detoxification prior to and after chemotherapy • detoxification prior to conception for prospective parents
– Hydrate your body before using our far infrared sauna.
– Please don’t come on an empty stomach. Have a light meal prior to your session. You also do not want to be full as your body will focus on digesting the food versus detoxing.
– Do not take your cell phone into the sauna.
– We will supply 2 towels. One to sit on in the sauna and one that you may use to dry off or/and cool down after the sauna. Your feet will be resting on Himalayan salt tiles.
– Hydrate your body after using our infrared sauna (we have water and herbal teas in our lounge area)
– Our Far Infrared Sauna is suitable for two people, so bring your spouse, friend or relative and enjoy the health benefits of detoxification while you relax and listen to soothing music. 1/2 price for 2nd person!
– For pain relief we recommend visits 2-4 times per month. For Detoxification or Chronic issues, we recommend you schedule for 1-3 visits per week.
Cost : $1.00 per minute with a 15 minute minimum.